Monday, July 22, 2013

chasing unicorns...

i believe in fate...because i had it happen a few times to me. 412 is another time. i have been eyeing this house for a long time. it was listed with a sub par real estate firm for almost a year before the sellers switched to century 21. although the prior firm never posted pics of the interior, my gut instinct told me this was my next house (& because every fixer upper for sale had no character). i had the same feeling of my current abode. 

the first time i saw the spiral stair pic, i knew i had to have this house. i wasn't in the best financial condition to buy this house (coming out of a recession for the past 3 years), but i knew i had to make it happen somehow, especially with interest rates at record lows. long story short, when the sellers accepted my offer (which was surprising), i had to write a check for the deposit, but...i had no checks left, heading to the shore in a 1/2 hour, it was a saturday & the banks were closed. i was panicking & began nervously looking through old check books just in case i may have missed an unused check & miraculously there was one lone check...fate. 

yesterday, when i met the designer at the house, we were brainstorming about the bathroom and what do i see hanging on the wall but a framed picture of a unicorn. unicorns are an inside joke with one of my best friends because she knew how much i loved them when i was young...they were on my bedspreads, pictures on the wall, school folders...they were my hello kitty. i know it sounds bizarre but seeing this picture, once again, confirms that 412 was meant to be mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment